As a business owner, you now understand how important marketing is, especially when it comes to social media. You agree it’s not only a necessity to hire a social media expert, but you realize this is an excellent opportunity to serve your customers more.
You need to make sure whoever you hire have an understanding of your business and a solid foundation in marketing on social media.
Below are a few questions to ask a social media candidate:
1. Which social media platform is best for your business?
Before an interview, a social media expert should have already researched your company and know the answer to this question.
2. Which social media metrics should business monitor regularly?
Likes are what you want, but engagement is what you need. Your candidate must be well versed in generating relevant content for your audience.
Content + Engagement = $
3. How would the allocate your budget for social media advertising?
Their answer should describe a plan for spending and how they would know if it’s successful.
4. Ask to see current clients work.
Check to see if they are posting regularly and if you enjoy what they are posting.
5. Ask the candidate what their first goals would be.
Don’t be blindsided with large numbers, we all know The Bahamas population is small. Reality is that a smaller and more engaged audience are the ones that turn into to actual clients.
6. Ask them to tell you a story about a successful campaign.
A great way to find out if this person knows what they’re doing and if your company will have success on each social media platform.