1. Never miss a notification from your favorite accounts
Worried you’re going to miss a post from your best friend, favorite celebrity, or even a business competitor?
Never miss a post again by turning on post notifications on all your favorite accounts.
It’s super-easy to do:
- Click through to the profile you want to receive notifications for
- Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen
- Select “Turn on Post Notifications”
Now every time that accounts posts something, you’ll receive a notification…even if you’re not in the Instagram app at the time (*Just be sure you’ve allowed Instagram notifications in your phone’s settings, or this hack won’t work!).
2. See what your friends are up to on Instagram
Curious about what your friends are doing on Instagram? Luckily, there’s an easy way to see all their recent likes and comments in one place. Click the heart ♡ icon at the bottom of your screen. Switch to “Following” at the top of screen to see all the latest activity of the people or businesses you follow!
Curious about what your friends are doing on Instagram? Click the heart ♡ icon at the bottom of your screen. Switch to “Following” at the top of screen to see all the latest activity of the people or businesses you follow! ? #InstagramTipsClick To Tweet
Here’s how: Start by clicking the heart icon at the bottom of your screen. By default, you’ll see all your latest activity (under “You”).
Switch to “Following” at the top of your screen to see all the latest activity of the people or businesses you follow!
3. Save posts privately so you can revisit them later
Have you ever seen a post that you wanted to check out later in more detail?
Simply click the bookmark icon beneath the post to save it to a private section of your profile. If you want to save the post to a collection (a series of posts on a certain topic or theme), simply tap and hold the bookmark.
To see the posts you’ve previously saved, go to your profile and click on the bookmark icon there. Easy peasy!
4. Use Instagram filters without actually posting to Instagram
Have you ever wanted to use Instagram filters for a photo you’re NOT sharing on Instagram? Fortunately, you can!
- Click on the options button (gear/three dots) from your profile
- Scroll down and make sure “Save Original Photos” is toggled on
- Go to your phone’s main settings, and turn on airplane mode. This will mean you can’t actually post anything to Instagram for the time being.
- Upload your photo and edit as desired.
- Click “Share”.
Because your phone is in airplane mode, the photo WON’T actually get posted. But, it WILL get saved on your phone!
5. Put links in your Instagram stories
Have you ever wondered how certain brands and celebrities have been able to include a “See More” link in their Stories? In case you haven’t seen them, clicking on the link takes users to an external link within the app.
While this feature is currently still being tested in verified accounts, it will hopefully be rolled out to all users soon.